- When we say “GLASS COMMERCE”, we mean commerce.glass website, and any subsidiaries and affiliates of GLASS COMMERCE (including any that GLASS COMMERCE may form or acquire in the future). We also refer to GLASS COMMERCE as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’.
- When we say “GLASS COMMERCE marketplace”, we mean commerce.glass the GLASS COMMERCE apps, and all related services, content, functionality, and transactions offered by GLASS COMMERCE on or through commerce.glass and the GLASS COMMERCE apps.
- When we say “you” or “your” we mean users of the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, place an order on GLASS COMMERCE, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, or other promotion sponsored by us. The information you provide to us may include:
- Your contact and shipping information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Your payment information (for example, credit card, banking and/or payment details, banking and your billing address)
- The shipping information (such as names, shipping addresses, and telephone numbers) for anyone to whom you want us to ship your purchases.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace.
The GLASS COMMERCE marketplace may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s instructions here (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information. If you would like to opt out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please go to the “Settings” on your mobile device for directions on how to do so.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account;
- Make your experience on the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace better;
- Send you information about GLASS COMMERCE’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners;
- Display relevant advertising to you on the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace and across the Internet;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and industry standards and enforce our rights under our Terms & Conditions and other policies; and
The ad services we use to collect information from you may track your online activities over time and across websites. If we use a third party to collect this information, they may use this information to show you advertisements for GLASS COMMERCE or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our marketplace.
We and third-party vendors may use these cookies together, and may combine them with other data we collect from you, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace).
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” settings.
How We Share Your Information
In addition, if you sign up for an account by clicking on an affiliate or referral link (e.g., on a social media site or elsewhere online) served by someone who has identified you as a contact of theirs, we may share your personal information with that contact. We may also inform people who identify you as their contact whether or not you have a GLASS COMMERCE account, e.g., to permit them to serve as your GLASS COMMERCE referral.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information: if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
We may transfer personal information we have about you to a buyer or other successor in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the Contact Us section below or, where applicable, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
We take many steps to protect your information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk. But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
1. Using a unique password for the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace that never has or will be used anywhere else – please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us;
2. Protecting the confidentiality of your login information – don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime;
3. Accessing the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace work better); and
4. Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The GLASS COMMERCE marketplace may provide links to other third party websites and online services, such as merchants or manufacturers of products sold on the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace or third party service providers that help the GLASS COMMERCE marketplace operate. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any third-party websites or services or their privacy or security practices.
How to Contact Us
Last updated: October 15, 2020